Joins~

От Gurudutt
Тема Joins~
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
This may be just a re-post of my previous mail, but unfortunately, I
haven't got any reply whatsoever to this problem, Is the question too
easy to answer or what, I couldn't get what it meant. I am posting the
problem again, hopefully somebody will be able to give me a solution.

I have two tables

1. tickettab
2. ticketmultab

Both the tables have arrivaldate and arrivaltime as fields

I want to sort the combination of the result set, like
suppose an entry exists in tickettab as 2001-11-12 12:30
and the next entry in tickettab is 2001-11-12 16:40

if there exists a entry in ticketmultab as 2001-11-12 13.30
then I should get  the results as follows

ticketid      arrival date    arrival time

1             2001-11-12      12:30:00              -- tickettab entry
2             2001-11-12      13:30:00              --ticketmultab entry
3             2001-11-12      16:40:00              -- tickettab entry

so depending on the arrival date and arrival time I need the result
set to be sorted.

I used bubble sort in php by moving the result set into an array and
then sorting it. Is there any other way to do this thru SQL.

--
Best regards,Gurudutt                            mailto:guru@indvalley.com

Life is not fair - get used to it.
Bill Gates