can I show number of records returned by a query in a log?

От hyelluas
Тема can I show number of records returned by a query in a log?
Дата
Re: can I show number of records returned by a query in a log?
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm trying to capture amount of data moving from client app to the server &
back.
The client is executable (c#) gue on windows,  server is lunix centOS,
PostgreSQL 8.4.
We see serious  performance difference between execution via LAN & VPN.

I enabled the logging  and used  pgFouine to analyzed the logs and it looks
very strange - 2000-3000 queries in 10 min.

In one case I see the client (user is the client dbuser) query  "select *
from vw_abc"  sent 10 times in 1 sec ( timestamp is the same), is it realy
10 times or it was logged 10 times ?

I see 900 queries sent by 1 client in 7 min with 1 click on the screen -
does the log show the real thing?

Is it possible to log the number of records returned by that query?

thank you.
Helen