Re: POC: converting Lists into arrays

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: POC: converting Lists into arrays
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 at 09:26, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> 0001 below does this.  I found a couple of places that could use
>> forfive(), as well.  I think this is a clear legibility and
>> error-proofing win, and we should just push it.

> I've looked over this and I agree that it's a good idea.  Reducing the
> number of lnext() usages seems like a good idea in order to reduce the
> footprint of the main patch.

I've pushed that; thanks for reviewing!

>> 0002 below does this.  I'm having a hard time deciding whether this
>> part is a good idea or just code churn.  It might be more readable
>> (especially to newbies) but I can't evaluate that very objectively.

> I'm less decided on this.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to drop that idea.  People didn't seem
very sold on list_cell_is_last() being a readability improvement,
and it certainly does nothing to reduce the footprint of the main
patch.

I now need to rebase the main patch over what I pushed; off to do
that next.