Re: BUG #15511: Drop table error "invalid argument"

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: BUG #15511: Drop table error "invalid argument"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 07/12/2018 00:38, Tom Lane wrote:
> ... so my preliminary result is that there's a *boatload* of "invalid"
> format strings in our translation files, all of them apparently with
> the extra-space disease.  See attached.

A bit of follow-up:  I have committed fixes for all the erroneous uses
of space "flags" in translated format strings.  These will then be in
the next minor releases.

I also looked into the gettext/msgfmt source code.  We know that it does
check for format string compatibility, but I found that it only checks
the general type, not the formatting flags.  I suppose this is not
unreasonable, since a translation might want to space or align something
differently.  So we still don't have an easy way to check for this in
the future.