FATAL: the database system is starting up

От William E. Moreno A.
Тема FATAL: the database system is starting up
Дата
Re: FATAL: the database system is starting up  (fluxh <gustavo.gugalde@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Solution: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-12/msg01339.php
Solution: Message-id: <476D6DE1.4050600@latnet.lv>
<text/plain>

Problem: FATAL:  the database system is starting up

Solved:   change postgresql_flags in /etc/rc.conf to: postgresql_flags="-s -m fast" or postgresql_flags="-s -m smart"

Operatin System: FreeBSD 8.2 p4

Database:            PostgreSQL Server 8.2.9_2

I have had a lot of work trying to solve this issue, and I finally found the solution.
Why at this time, with the latest version of PostgreSQL 8.4.9_2 this isssue continue ?
I knew by the logs, that many people have the same or similar problem.

Another issue that I have with this version 8.4.9_2 of PostgreSQL. Is about pgsql user that is not created in a clean
install,via ports. PostgreSQL version 8.3 creates pgsql user, but not version 8.4.

Thanks Very Much

I'm happy with the solution found and waiting for the other about the pgsql user creation in version 8.4.9_2

P.D.: El presente correo no contiene tildes para evitarle al receptor
inconvenientes en su lectura.