Re: setFetchSize

От fschmidt
Тема Re: setFetchSize
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer-8 wrote:

> There is little hope that you will get what you want. I'm not even
> sure I think it's a good idea as cursor with hold consumes resources
> on the server which multiplied by an unknown number of connections
> might end up being significant.

And how is it any better to force users to open a new connection to use
setFetchSize?  This would use just as much resources if not more, right?  It
is just much more inconvenient for programmers, especially in applications
like mine that are designed to use one connection per thread.

If there is little hope of getting what I want with Postgres, then I will
eventually have to look for an alternative database.