TOAST-table vacuuming (was Re: Idea for reducing planning time)

От Tom Lane
Тема TOAST-table vacuuming (was Re: Idea for reducing planning time)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev@SECTORBASE.COM> writes:
> Also, is TOAST-table vacuuming fixed now?

Still broken.  Hiroshi had muttered something about fixing the internal
commit of VACUUM so that it's more like a real commit --- including
advancing the transaction ID --- but still doesn't release the exclusive
lock held by VACUUM.  Basically we need to propagate the locks forward
to the new xact instead of releasing them.  I think that would be a nice
clean solution if we could do it.  Do you have any ideas about how?

Сообщение: Re: Idea for reducing planning time
Сообщение: RE: Idea for reducing planning time