Schema grants for creating and dropping objects

От Marc Munro
Тема Schema grants for creating and dropping objects
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
It seems that in order to create an object in a given schema, I must
have been granted create privilege on the schema.  But in order to drop
that object I require usage privilege.

This means that with the right privilege settings I can create objects
that I cannot subsequently drop, or can drop an object that I cannot
recreate.

I assume this is a bug but if it's intended behaviour I'd love to hear
the rationale.

I checked this on 8.3, 8.4, 9.0 and 9.1 all with the same results.

Best regards.
__
Marc