Re: pgadmin critical issue

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: pgadmin critical issue
Список pgadmin-support
On Sat, 2011-09-24 at 13:17 -0600, J Hobbs wrote:
> I have several PostgreSQL databases on a dedicated CentOS server that I maintain using pgAdmin III on a Windows XP
machine.

> I've come across a critical issue that concerns me and I thought I should report it for further investigation.
>

> The problem involves a table with a bytea column that holds jpeg images.
>  I get a critical error that crashes the Windows XP machine when I run a
>  query in pgAdmin to display the columns in the table. The bytea column
> does not display fully in the query display grid then after a few
> seconds it produces a graphics exception that requires the system to be
> rebooted.
>

> Is this just an issue specific to my onboard graphics card or something that needs additional investigation?

I've never heard of such an issue (the graphic exception). The fact that
it doesn't appear in a good form is quite "normal" right now. We already
had bug reports about the "not quite pleasant display" of long text. We
aim to do something, but fight to find the time to do it properly.

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com

Сообщение: Re: ENUM type script in pgAdmin 1.14.0
Сообщение: Re: ENUM type script in pgAdmin 1.14.0