Re: Mac OS X shared_buffers not same as postgresql.conf file

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Mac OS X shared_buffers not same as postgresql.conf file
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 2011-09-25 at 12:13 -0500, Neil Tiffin wrote:
> On Sep 24, 2011, at 4:21 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> >> Excellent, just what I was looking for.  I know there had to be a simple explanation, even though it seems a
littleretarded that pgAdmin does not point this out.

> > And how do you get that value from pgAdmin? the config editor gives me
> > the value with its unit, so I guess it's not from the config editor.
> >

> I got the values from selecting in pgAdmin: Tools -> Server Configuration -> postgresql.conf, then I get a table with
settingname, value, current value, and comment columns.  The 'value' column shows the unit, but the 'current value'
columndoes not, at least on Mac OS X.

Yes, I have the same behaviour. The "Value" comes from the file (hence
with the unit), and the "Current Value" comes from PostgreSQL (simple
query: select setting from pg_settings where name='shared_buffers').

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

От: pasman pasmański
Сообщение: Re: New feature: accumulative functions.
От: Uwe Schroeder
Сообщение: Re: (another ;-)) PostgreSQL-derived project ...