Re: Range Types - typo + NULL string constructor

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Range Types - typo + NULL string constructor
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 13:24 +0200, Florian Pflug wrote:
> I've thought about this some more, and came to realize that the question
> here really is whether
>
>   floatrange(0, 'Infinity'::float, '[)')
>
> and
>
>   floatrange(0, NULL, '[)')
>
> are the same thing or not.

The unbounded side of a range is never equal to a value in the data
type's domain, so no, it's not the same.

I think that we pretty much settled on just using an empty string for
infinity in the other thread, right? So that makes this a non-issue.

Regards,Jeff Davis