Re: Isolation tests still falling over routinely

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Isolation tests still falling over routinely
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Kevin Grittner's message of mar sep 20 22:51:39 -0300 2011:

> If I remember right, Alvaro chose these timings to balance run time
> against chance of failure.  Unless we want to remove these deadlock
> handling tests or ignore failures (which both seem like bad ideas to
> me), I think we need to bump the long timings by an order of
> magnitude and just concede that those tests run for a while.

The main problem I have is that I haven't found a way to reproduce the
problems in my machine.  I was playing with modifying the way the error
messages are reported, but that ended up unfinished in a local branch.

I'll give it a go once more and see if I can commit so that buildfarm
tells us if it works or not.