Re: BUG #15428: "Inception" with recursive prepared statement causes infinite loop

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15428: "Inception" with recursive prepared statement causes infinite loop
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Using the extended query message flow, I prepare, bind and execute a query
> as a named statement.
> If I repeat this again with the query "execute <name>" – the backend crashes
> with a segmentation fault due to an infinite recursion (see excerpt
> below).

Hm, yeah.  I'm inclined to think that the right fix is a
check_stack_depth() call in standard_ProcessUtility.
That transforms the case into

$ ./test
PQexecPrepared failed: ERROR:  stack depth limit exceeded
HINT:  Increase the configuration parameter "max_stack_depth" (currently 2048kB), after ensuring the platform's stack
depthlimit is adequate.

which seems like an adequate response, and would cover some
related scenarios as well.