nonempty default log_line_prefix (was [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Simplify handling of the timezone GUC)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема nonempty default log_line_prefix (was [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Simplify handling of the timezone GUC)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of vie sep 09 18:59:45 -0300 2011:
> Simplify handling of the timezone GUC by making initdb choose the default.
>
> We were doing some amazingly complicated things in order to avoid running
> the very expensive identify_system_timezone() procedure during GUC
> initialization.  But there is an obvious fix for that, which is to do it
> once during initdb and have initdb install the system-specific default into
> postgresql.conf, as it already does for most other GUC variables that need
> system-environment-dependent defaults.  This means that the timezone (and
> log_timezone) settings no longer have any magic behavior in the server.
> Per discussion.

Hmm, I was hoping that this might open the door for setting a nonempty
default log_line_prefix, but apparently not :-(  Seems
setup_formatted_start_time is still expecting that GUC initialization
would be called before we do anything with it.  Pity ...