Re: quoting psql varible as identifier

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: quoting psql varible as identifier
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> ...  Also, I prefer an
> API where the escaping function does include the quotes, so I've done
> it that way in the attached patch.

IMO this function should act as much like PQescapeStringConn as possible.
Random differences like including or not including outer quotes don't
make the user's life better.  Random differences like a slightly
different rule for the amount of space required are outright dangerous.

Also, why is this patch changing the documentation of PQescapeStringConn?
It might be only whitespace changes, but I don't particularly wish to
have to determine that.

Сообщение: Re: quoting psql varible as identifier
Сообщение: Re: quoting psql varible as identifier