Re: How to determine if a function exists

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to determine if a function exists
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"lmanorders" <lmanorders@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm attempting to determine if a stored procedure exists. If it doesn't, then I want to create it. I'm developing in
C++using the libpq interface. I found the following suggestion in the docs to determine if a function exists or not. I
triedcreating what I think is an identical query in pgAdmin and it seems to work ok. Can anyone tell me why the
followingalways returns PGRES_TUPLE_OK, whether the function exists or not?

PGRES_TUPLES_OK means you successfully executed a SELECT (or other
command capable of returning tuples).  It doesn't imply anything about
how many tuples were returned.  In this case, you'd want to check for
PQntuples() > 0, as well.  And perhaps think about what you'd do if
you got more than one match, which is quite possible in view of function
overloading, schema search path, etc.

От: "lmanorders"
Сообщение: How to determine if a function exists
От: "lmanorders"
Сообщение: Re: How to determine if a function exists