Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] build error in initdb on win32

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] build error in initdb on win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> The underlying problem is still there, though. initdb is pulling all
> these symbols in from libpq.dll, which is clearly the wrong place to get
> them... Or are they supposed to be available? If so, they should be
> added to the official API, no?

"Used by our own code" does not equate to "should be part of the
official API".

> (The problem occured when I tried to fix the problem "fix MinGW libpq to
> export only required symbols". I have a patch that fixes this problem,
> but causes these others instead)

You'd better back off a little on what you're removing.  Or forget the
whole thing; I don't really agree that the above is a bug.  libpq has
always had rather more visible symbols than are in the official API,
and there are probably people using some of them.