Re: Help me improve the 9.1 release draft

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Help me improve the 9.1 release draft
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On ons, 2011-08-24 at 17:00 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> John, Josh, everyone:
>
> Here's a considerably expanded and improved 9.1 release:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/91releasedraft
>
> I'd like to get this to the translators in the next 48 hours, so please
> send me last-minute corrections!

This looks a bit funny:

"""
Linguistic Sorting using Collations: Improve multilingual (M17n)
correctness and user-friendliness with proper and consistent linguistic
sorting rules. PostgreSQL linguistic sort supports monolingual and
multilingual text and is often requested for sorting of diacritics.
Sorting can be performed using language/locale-specific rules or using
UTF-8 for multilingual sorting. For flexibility, collations can be set
on columns, domains, indexes and expressions.
"""

I don't know how one would get from "multilingual" to "M17n".  Also, we
don't support "multilingual text", which is text that consists of
multiple languages(?).  Also, you can't sort "using UTF-8".

Actually, the only thing that's new is the last sentence.  Everything
before that is nonsense and/or not actually new.

Btw., the release announcement ought to contain a link to the full
release notes.