Re: How to track number of connections and hosts to Postgres cluster

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: How to track number of connections and hosts to Postgres cluster
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 16:51 +0530, Venkat Balaji wrote:
> But, the information vanishes if the application logs off.

That's why you need a tool to track this.

> I am looking for an alternative to track the total amount of the connections
> with the host IPs through a Cron job.

If you only want the number of connections, you can check_postgres.
> What could be the frequency of cron ?

I don't think you can go below one second.

> I know the best is using log_connections and log_disconnections parameters,
> but, information logged would be too high and is also IO intensive.

Sure. But if you want connection duration, that's the only way.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Сообщение: Re: How to track number of connections and hosts to Postgres cluster
Сообщение: Re: How to track number of connections and hosts to Postgres cluster