time zone setting.

От dexdyne
Тема time zone setting.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I have played about a bit with time zones, and think I am getting a grip on
them.

If I use PgAdmin to submit queries, I can put

set time zone 'us/hawaii';

in front of some other queries, and they will operate as I expect. In fact I
find the change persist across multiple PgAdmin queries, so it is obviously
a "session setting"

I'm aware that I can change the JVM timezone suing setdefault.

But I can't put the "set time zone" stretring on the front of a jdbc
preparedStatement - it just barfs.

So the question is - can I, from a java program, set the time zone for the
database [ not for the jvm ].