Re: Problem with PITR recovery

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with PITR recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The problem is that we don't archive the partially written xlog file,
> and in this case that xlog file contains the information needed to make
> the tar file consistent.

> Is this a known problem?  Do we document this?  If so, I can't find it.

Yes, and yes.  You did not follow the procedure:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/backup-online.html#BACKUP-PITR-RECOVERY

In particular, step 2 says:

: ... you need at the least to copy the contents of the pg_xlog
: subdirectory of the cluster data directory, as it may contain logs which
: were not archived before the system went down.

Possibly this needs to be highlighted a little better.