Re: augmenting MultiXacts to improve foreign keys

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: augmenting MultiXacts to improve foreign keys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 13:01 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Note that the KEY UPDATE lock would be an internal option, not exposed
> to SQL.  I think we already have enough extensions in this area.  We are
> forced to expose KEY SHARE because RI triggers get to it via SPI, but I
> would be happy to avoid doing it if I knew how.

Right now, FKs aren't really very special, they are mostly just
syntactic sugar (right?). This proposal would make FKs special internal
mechanisms, and I don't see the benefit in doing so.

[ I didn't read through the previous threads yet, so perhaps this was
already discussed. ]

Regards,Jeff Davis