Re: Partitioned tables and covering indexes

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: Partitioned tables and covering indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Actually, discovered bug is not related to patch except new test faces
> with it,
> problem is: CompareIndexInfo() checks rd_opfamily for equality for all
> attributes, not only for key attribute.

Patch attached. But it seems to me, field's names of
IndexInfo structure are a bit confused now:
     int         ii_NumIndexAttrs;   /* total number of columns in index */
     int         ii_NumIndexKeyAttrs;    /* number of key columns in
     AttrNumber  ii_KeyAttrNumbers[INDEX_MAX_KEYS];

ii_KeyAttrNumbers contains all columns, i.e. it contains
ii_NumIndexAttrs number of columns, not a ii_NumIndexKeyAttrs number as
easy to think.

I suggest rename ii_KeyAttrNumbers to ii_AttrNumbers or
ii_IndexAttrNumbers. Opinions?

--
Teodor Sigaev                      E-mail: teodor@sigaev.ru
                                       WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/