Newbiee Pls help.....

От woow
Тема Newbiee Pls help.....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have following function expectation is I want to return the items in array
so....I could call this from another function where I could traverse through
the each array element....

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION get_role_id_list_for_type(INTEGER)
        RETURNS INTEGER[]  AS $$
DECLARE
      rolelist INTEGER [];
BEGIN
      SELECT INTO rolelist role_id FROM roles WHERE role_type = $1;
      RETURN rolelist;
END;
$$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

But when I call the function it gives following error......

ERROR:  array value must start with "{" or dimension information
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "get_role_id_list_for_type" line 4 at select
into variables

Could someone please help.....thanks so much in advance