Re: Bug: x86_64-w64-mingw32 REL_11_STABLE with features: UpdateStatisticsForTypeChange internal compiler error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug: x86_64-w64-mingw32 REL_11_STABLE with features: UpdateStatisticsForTypeChange internal compiler error
Дата
Ответ на Re: Bug: x86_64-w64-mingw32 REL_11_STABLE with features:UpdateStatisticsForTypeChange internal compiler error  (Andre_Mikulec <Andre_Mikulec@Hotmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Andre_Mikulec <Andre_Mikulec@Hotmail.com> writes:
> It is an up-to-date compiler.

Doesn't mean it has no bugs.  It is in fact *telling you* it has a bug.

> These people here do not think that "a missing return statement" is a good
> idea.

If they can convince the C standards committee, then I'll worry about
their opinion.  Functions returning void are not required to have return
statements per the standard.

Moreover, I'm pretty sure this is not the only function in PG with an
empty body.  I think the fact that the compiler is crashing right there
is likely not related to the empty function as such, but has a lot to do
with what else it has processed in the same compilation.

Сообщение: Re: Bug: x86_64-w64-mingw32 REL_11_STABLE with features: UpdateStatisticsForTypeChange internal compiler error