Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning vs. sql_inheritance

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning vs. sql_inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> An earlier version of Amit's patches tried to handle this by forcing
> sql_inheritance on for partitioned tables, but it wasn't
> well-implemented and I don't see the point anyway.  Sure, turning off
> sql_inheritance off for partitioned tables produces stupid results.
> But turning off sql_inheritance for inheritance hierarchies also
> produces stupid results.  If we were going to do anything about this,
> my vote would be to remove sql_inheritance.

+1.  If memory serves, we invented that GUC as a backwards-compatibility
hack, because once upon a time the default behavior was equivalent to
sql_inheritance = off.  But that was a long time ago; a bit of digging
in the git history suggests we changed it in 2000.  It's hard to believe
that anybody still relies on being able to turn it off.