Re: pg_restore silently chokes on object comments/descriptions ending in a backslash

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_restore silently chokes on object comments/descriptions ending in a backslash
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from Julian Mehnle's message of mié jul 27 13:28:21 -0400 2011:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Julian Mehnle <julian@mehnle.net> writes:
> > > I'm subscribed to the pgsql-bugs list, so no need to CC me. :-)
> >
> > cc to people in the thread is the established practice on these lists.
> > It provides a bit more robustness when the lists are busy or slow.
>
> Got it.  I'll try to remember that and CC others when posting, and will
> also not take offense when receiving extra CCs.

If you're on procmail, you can get very easily use a well-known de-dupe
recipe and it all works wonderfully.

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 65536 $HOME/.msgid.cache

I assume similar tools can use equivalent mechanisms.

Note that CCing others is customary but obviously not mandatory.