Compiling pgsql C/C++ interfaces on Win not using Cygwin

От Tomáš Vondra
Тема Compiling pgsql C/C++ interfaces on Win not using Cygwin
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello everybody,
   is it possible to compile postgres C/C++ interfaces (use libpq or
   libpq++ in a client application) on Windows not using Cygwin?

   I've just tried to compile some examples from 7.2.1 using MS Visual
   C++ 6, but I got lot of "uresolved external symbol" errors when
   linking, for example:

testlibpq2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PQfinish
testlibpq2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PQnotifies
testlibpq2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PQclear
testlibpq2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PQresultStatus
testlibpq2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PQexec
testlibpq2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PQerrorMessage
testlibpq2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PQstatus
testlibpq2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PQsetdbLogin

   I think it means some important libraries are missing (at least I
   think it means this).

   I don't wan't to compile all the server, just the part necessarry
   to use in a client app. I don't want to use ODBC, I'd like to use
   native access to database. If there's such a way?

   Tomas