Re: pg_dump dump catalog ACLs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump dump catalog ACLs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> To make this work, you'd need a way to distinguish privileges installed
>> by initdb from those changed later.

> To replicate whatever the current ACL is, we don't actually need to
> make such a differentiation.  I'm not against doing so, but the only
> point of it would be to eliminate a few extra lines being dumped out
> which re-run those commands that initdb runs on restore.

No, the point of it would be to not have pg_dump scripts overriding
installed-by-default ACLs.  A newer PG version might have different
ideas about what those should be.  I don't think this is exactly an
academic concern, either: wouldn't a likely outcome of your default-roles
work be that some built-in functions have different initial ACLs than
they do today?  Good luck with that, if pg_upgrade overwrites those
ACLs with the previous-version values.