Re: [HACKERS] Odd behavior of type coercion for datetime

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Odd behavior of type coercion for datetime
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Have we dealt with this?
>> With 6.4 or current sources, I find that coercing a datetime to float8
>> is a no-op:

With current sources I get

regression=> select t from dt1;
Mon Mar 15 09:56:01 1999 EST
(1 row)

regression=> select t::float8 from dt1;
ERROR:  Bad float8 input format 'Mon Mar 15 09:56:01 1999 EST'
regression=>

which seems to be reasonable behavior.  (I believe Tom made this
happen by removing binary equivalence between datetime and float8.)