Re: Questions about update, delete, ctid...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Questions about update, delete, ctid...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 11:04:58AM +0200, DANTE Alexandra wrote:
>> I've just seen that I've done a mistake in my example. My question was :
>> is it correct to think that the ctid of the old version of the tuple is
>> a link to newer version ?

> Well, in your case where there are no other transactions running, yes.
> In the general case there may have been other updates so all you know
> is that the new tuple is a descendant of the old one. The chain of
> t_ctid links can be arbitrarily long.

It's probably worth pointing out here that the "ctid" column exposed
at the SQL level is not the same as t_ctid --- it's what the C code calls
t_self.

Сообщение: Re: Questions about update, delete, ctid...
Сообщение: Re: Questions about update, delete, ctid...