Re: Extra check in 9.0 exclusion constraint unintended consequences

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Extra check in 9.0 exclusion constraint unintended consequences
Дата
Re: Extra check in 9.0 exclusion constraint unintended consequences
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 12:36 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> I think it's probably too late to go fiddling with the behavior of 9.0
> at this point.  If we change the text of error messages, there is a
> chance that it might break applications; it would also require those
> messages to be re-translated, and I don't think the issue is really
> important enough to justify a change.

Good point on the error messages -- I didn't really think of that as a
big deal.

> I am happy to see us document
> it better, though, since it's pretty clear that there is more
> likelihood of hitting that error than we might have suspected at the
> outset.

Doc patch attached, but I'm not attached to the wording. Remember that
we only need to update the 9.0 docs, I don't think you want to apply
this to master (though I'm not sure how this kind of thing is normally
handled).

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Вложения