Re: statically compiling postgres and problem with initdb

От mona attariyan
Тема Re: statically compiling postgres and problem with initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry about the incomplete question. I'm compiling postgres 9.0.4 from source code and I got the tar ball from here: http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v9.0.4/

I'm using Postgres to evaluate a research tool and the tool doesn't work with dynamic libraries. That's why I need to compile it statically. I also have a custom version of glibc which is slightly different from glibc 2.5.1. The difference is related to the use of hardware counters for network related libc functions. Shouldn't matter for Postgres compilation. Here is what I pass to configure (I try to compile statically with my custom glibc):

CFLAGS="-O0 -I/[PATH]/glibc-2.5.1-custom/prefix/include -static -pthread $CFLAGS" \
CPPFLAGS="-O0 -I/[PATH]/glibc-2.5.1-custom/prefix/include -static -pthread $CPPFLAGS" \
LDFLAGS="-static -Wl,-rpath,/[PATH]/glibc-2.5.1-custom/prefix/lib -L/[PATH]/glibc-2.5.1-custom/prefix/lib -Wl,-z,now -Wl,--dynamic-linker=/[PATH]/glibc-2.5.1-custom/prefix/lib/ld-linux.so.2 $LDFLAGS" \
./configure --without-readline

and I'm compiling on a Fedora 7 on a custom kernel which is close to 2.6.26.
The compilation finished fine and it installed correctly. When I try to run initdb I get the following message:

creating conversions ... FATAL:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/ascii_and_mic.so": /usr/local/pgsql/lib/ascii_and_mic.so: undefined symbol: pg_ascii2mic
STATEMENT:  CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION ascii_to_mic (INTEGER, INTEGER, CSTRING, INTERNAL, INTEGER) RETURNS VOID AS '$libdir/ascii_and_mic', 'ascii_to_mic' LANGUAGE C STRICT;

Thanks
--Mona