Re: BUG #5647: COPY TO does not respect the [standard_conforming_strings] setting

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5647: COPY TO does not respect the [standard_conforming_strings] setting
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"David Sahagian" <david.sahagian@gmail.com> writes:
> [standard_conforming_strings] setting

This is not a bug.  The COPY format is well defined and is not going to
be changed by standard_conforming_strings.

> I want to use the output file as input to psql, for another db whose
> [standard_conforming_strings] is also = on. The current behavior of COPY TO
> makes that impossible.

That's nonsense.  standard_conforming_strings won't affect the
interpretation of COPY data on either machine.  If we were to change it
as you suggest, then we *would* have a compatibility problem.