Re: Oracle v. Postgres 9.0 query performance

От Tony Capobianco
Тема Re: Oracle v. Postgres 9.0 query performance
Дата
Re: Oracle v. Postgres 9.0 query performance
Список pgsql-performance
My current setting is 22G.  According to some documentation, I want to
set effective_cache_size to my OS disk cache + shared_buffers.  In this
case, I have 4 quad-core processors with 512K cache (8G) and my
shared_buffers is 7680M.  Therefore my effective_cache_size should be
approximately 16G?  Most of our other etl processes are running fine,
however I'm curious if I could see a significant performance boost by
reducing the effective_cache_size.