Re: Can I just reload the slave to change primary_conninfo?

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re: Can I just reload the slave to change primary_conninfo?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

> Is there any reason this cannot be changed via a signal?  Is it a general lack of infrastructure or is it there
significantproblem we want to ensure never happens?

Just make possible reload recovery.conf is not what the pgsql-hackers community want. My patch with exactly this
featurewas rejected with this reason.

There were already some discussions about move recovery.conf into GUC infrastructure first. I continue work on one most
recentpatch here: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/19/1711/ If this patch will be committed - i plan sent new patch to
allowchange primary_conninfo with SIGHUP.

regards, Sergei

От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Re: Can I just reload the slave to change primary_conninfo?
От: Mithun Cy
Сообщение: Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take