Re: Improve warnings around CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Improve warnings around CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Excerpts from Greg Smith's message of mar may 24 03:56:59 -0400 2011:

> What makes it worse is that the wait shows up as a virtualxid one, which
> doesn't pop up on many common samples of things to look for in
> pg_locks.  It would be reasonable but also incorrect for admins to
> assume a table one would be visible if running into the case alluded to
> in the docs.  The serial way locks are obtained is unexpected too.

Incidentally, this is one of the things that Jim Nasby wanted exposed
somehow so that these problems are more easily diagnosed.  I dropped the
ball on that one, but I'll be picking it up again at some point.