Re: Why is bool == java.sql.Types.BIT ??

От aditsu
Тема Re: Why is bool == java.sql.Types.BIT ??
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
>
>> I noticed that table columns that are defined as "bool" (Postgres
>> datatype)
>> are reported as java.sql.Types.BIT through DatabaseMetadata (or
>> ResultSetMetaData).
>>
>> Is there any valid reason why they are not reported as
>> java.sql.Types.BOOLEAN?
>>

> Because BOOLEAN is only available to JDBC3.  Our driver still supports
> JDBC2 so we use BIT.  BOOLEAN and BIT are the same thing as far as we can
> tell.

Hi, apologies in case this gets posted twice.
I know this is an old thread, but I just hit this problem now and have the
same question. I'm currently using postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar and can't
see any reason not to use BOOLEAN.
boolean and bit are not interchangeable or even compatible (except
semantically); it definitely looks like a bug to me.

Adrian