Re: [HACKERS] psql problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] psql problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chris Bitmead <chrisb@nimrod.itg.telstra.com.au> writes:
> I was noticing that psql now exits on ctrl-C.

Ugh.  So now, if you type control-C while a query is in progress,
you get a cancel request sent, as you intended.  Type it a tenth of
a second too late, however, and you get booted out of psql instead.

I think this is lousy human engineering, even though I'm sure Peter
thought it was a good idea at the time.  If we trap control-C we
should trap it all the time, not create a delay-dependent behavior.

> This is much better than the previous behaviour where it kinda got
> muddled up and you could destroy your database if a half-completed
> command was in its buffer.

What?  Are you saying that control-C doesn't do a \r (reset the
query buffer)?  That's probably true, and I agree that it should...