Re: Changing the continuation-line prompt in psql?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Changing the continuation-line prompt in psql?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from David E. Wheeler's message of vie abr 29 13:04:35 -0300 2011:
> On Apr 29, 2011, at 8:22 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > AFAICT the initial prompt is always "mysql> ", so they don't have to
> > think hard about how many spaces to insert to make it line up.  But
> > we could certainly invent a prompt escape that means "as many spaces
> > as there are characters in the current DB name".  (Or maybe we should
> > try to generalize that idea, so you could get similar behavior for
> > custom prompts involving usernames etc?)
>
> +1 I like this idea, so the prompt might by default be
>
>     postgres=>
>             +>

That was my immediate thought after seeing Magnus' response too.

Сообщение: Re: Changing the continuation-line prompt in psql?
Сообщение: Re: Changing the continuation-line prompt in psql?