Re: Single client performance on trivial SELECTs

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Single client performance on trivial SELECTs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Andres Freund's message of jue abr 14 17:08:34 -0300 2011:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 14 April 2011 16:43:16 Tom Lane wrote:
> > I doubt that it's possible to make AllocSetAlloc radically cheaper.
> I actually doubt your doubt. I think you could add some SLAB like interface
> for common allocation sizes making it significantly faster for some uses
> (because allocation/deallocation is a single linked list operation).
> Maybe even treat everything < some_size as a slab object in the next bigger
> slab.

I think the problem with a slab allocator is that it would make
hierarchical context management slower and/or more complicated (e.g.
reset context on transaction abort).

Сообщение: Re: Single client performance on trivial SELECTs
Сообщение: Re: Single client performance on trivial SELECTs