How would sorting work with millions of rows in a huge DB with PG?

От Vaibhav Kaushal
Тема How would sorting work with millions of rows in a huge DB with PG?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello all,

I was going through some papers related to sorting and since I am
studying PG code side by side, I wondered how sorting would be done on a
DB with millions of rows on disk with GBs of data. Since holding
everything in memory would not be the possible solution, how do we
actually sort the results in such conditions.

A pointer to some doc page or code would be great for me.

Regards,
Vaibhav