Re: help: collation support on Windows

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: help: collation support on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On fre, 2011-02-25 at 21:32 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> According to the online documentation, the APIs are there:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/a7cwbx4t.aspx
>
> Now we'd need someone brave try to make it work.  The starting point
> would be to define HAVE_LOCALE_T and then make it build.  Microsoft has
> all the relevant functions and types with an underscore in front
> (_strcoll_l, etc.), so some extra #defining will probably be necessary.

OK, I got that working now.  Patch attached.

> Also, initdb will need to be patched to get a list of OS locales to
> populate the pg_collation catalog with.

That still needs work, but you can run CREATE COLLATION manually.

> Finally, a regression test customized for Windows, but I can help with
> that later.

If you doctor the existing linux test to create appropriately named
collations before running the actual tests, and you hack the
vcregress.pl driver script to run the tests in UTF8 instead of
SQL_ASCII, then all the tests except the Turkish case conversion tests
pass.  So looks pretty good so far.

Вложения