Re: BUG #2236: extremely slow to get unescaped bytea data

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2236: extremely slow to get unescaped bytea data
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Kalador Tech Support <support@kalador.com> writes:
> When run from a browser, accessing an Apache webserver, the results
> displayed were:

> fetch    time = 3.632ms, 296043 bytes
> unescape time = 70625.518ms, 296043 bytes

Is it possible that you are relying on an old (like 7.3) libpq?
I find this in the CVS logs:

    * src/interfaces/libpq/fe-exec.c: I found the libpq function
    PGunescapeBytea a little slow. It was taking a minute and a half to
    decode a 500Kb on a fairly fast machine. I think the culprit is
    sscanf.
    The new function is significantly faster on my machine with the
    JPEGs being decoded in less than a second. I attach a modified
    libpq example program that I used for my testing.

    Ben Lamb.