Re: Big 7.1 open items

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Big 7.1 open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yes, good point about pg_shadow.  They don't have databases.  How do we
> get multiple pg_class tables in the same directory?  Is the
> pg_class.relversion file a number like 1,2,3,4, or does it come out of
> some global counter like oid.  If so, we could put them in the same
> directory.

I think we could get away with insisting that each database store its
pg_class and friends in a separate tablespace (physically distinct
directory) from any other database.  That gets around the OID conflict.

It's still an open question whether OID+version is better than
unique-ID for naming files that belong to different versions of the
same relation.  I can see arguments on both sides.