Re: [GENERAL] postgresql-8.4 error

От fhaegele
Тема Re: [GENERAL] postgresql-8.4 error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

As Mohammed Rashad wrote in the past I have still the same problems with
Linux Mint Version 10.

I install it via the package manager "synaptic" and during the installation
I got an error message,
analogous "can not start postgres because postgresql 8.4 is not configured"

So for me it looks like that the configuration phase was not running through
successfully.
Afterwards I got the same error Message like Mohammad.

"Error: could not exec /usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/pg_ctl
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/pg_ctl start -D /var/lib/postgresql/8.4/main -l
/var/log/postgresql/postgresql-8.4-main.log -s -o  -c
config_file="/etc/postgresql/8.4/main/postgresql.conf" :"

Furthermore no logs gives a hint.

Is there a possibility to configure manually? If yes, what and how has to
configured.
Thanks for any hint in advance.