Re: BUG #5937: initdb: FATAL error: could not open relation with OID 2608

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #5937: initdb: FATAL error: could not open relation with OID 2608
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from Etienne Robillard's message of lun mar 21 12:29:01 -0300 2011:

> $ md5sum postgresql-8.4.7.tar.gz
> 4771d4ae4fd9e7e9b92c22253517508d  postgresql-8.4.7.tar.gz
>
> The detached MD5 signature matches the tarball I used for compiling
> postgresql server so I don't think
> its necessary to try downloading another. Maybe this is strictly a 8.4.x
> issue but will need to verify
> by downgrading to 8.3.x...

8.4.x has been tested by hundreds of machines.  I build it here on a
Debian machine at least once a week and I have never seen this problem.
I don't think it's a generic PG problem; maybe there's something wrong
with your machine or setup.  Have you tested the hardware?  Is the
error reproducible exactly in the same way every time? (if not, it might
suggest a hardware problem -- did you try memtest86?).  If it's not a
hardware problem, how did you compile it?