Re: pg_dumpall failing from possible corrupted shared memory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dumpall failing from possible corrupted shared memory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com> writes:
> I did not find any coredump files.  Will I need to rebuild postgres to produce coredumps?

No, you just need to make sure the postmaster is started under
"ulimit -c unlimited", not "ulimit -c 0" which is the default
under many Linuxen.  Adding this to the start script is the
easiest way usually.

If you can't get anything but numbers from gdb's stack trace
then you have a "stripped" executable and you will need to
rebuild to get a useful stack trace.