Re: Buggy timestamp generation code in PG 7.4.5 on FreeBSD 4.10

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Buggy timestamp generation code in PG 7.4.5 on FreeBSD 4.10
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Justin Clift <jc@telstra.net> writes:
> Running PG 7.4.5 on FreeBSD 4.10, we've found what looks to be buggy
> output from the timestamp code used to generate logfile entries.

The code involved is

    curtime = time(NULL);

    strftime(buf, sizeof(buf),
             localtime(&curtime));

so this bug report ought to go to the FreeBSD libc folk.

I believe there are known problems with BSD kernels sometimes returning
wrong clock readings on SMP machines, so that might be a place to look too.