Re: Restoring database from old DATA folder

От ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee)
Тема Re: Restoring database from old DATA folder
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In article <5711630.post@talk.nabble.com>,
RPK <rohitprakash123@indiatimes.com> wrote:

% I tried to modify the parameters of the .CONF file when the pgsql-8.1
% service was running. The next time I started, it displayed error: "The
% service did not listen to local host". (something like this).
%
% So I copied the old DATA folder and un-installed PostgreSQL. I again
% re-installed it and replace the new DATA folder with the old one. Both
% previous and new are same versions and same settings were used during
% installation.

I think what you need to do is to fix whatever's wrong with your
config file. When you made a copy of the old data folder, you copied
the config file with it. When you restored the copy, you restored the
config file. Do you have a copy of the version that was used the last
time the database started?

From what you've said so far, I suggest you search for listen_addresses
and set it to '*'. If the database doesn't start, I strongly suggest
you look in the log for the error messages and report them verbatim
to the list.
--

Patrick TJ McPhee
North York  Canada